Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) (Applied Sciences)
The Malawi University of Business and Applied Sciences (MUBAS), Faculty of Applied Sciences is inviting applications for the following Postgraduate Programmes which will commence in April, 2022.
- PhD Applied Sciences (Environmental Sanitation)
- PhD Applied Sciences (Renewable Energy)
- PhD Applied Sciences (Public Health Engineering)
- PhD Applied Sciences (Information Technology)
- PhD Applied Sciences (Industrial Process Technology)
- PhD Applied Sciences (Environmental Protection and Management)
- PhD (Applied Mathematics)
- PhD (Applied Statistics)
Applicants for PhD programmes MUST have: a relevant Masters or MPhil degree from a recognized institution. The PhD programme is for 3 years.
Fees and Expenses
- US$10, 000 (Paid in MK Equivalent) for the whole PhD programme payable to the institution, will cater for tuition, supervision and examination costs. An Indicative figure of US $ 4,500 for research for the whole PhD programme.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR PhD
A completed PhD application package MUST INCLUDE:
- A non-refundable application fee of MK10,000 for Malawian applicants and US$25.00 for international applicants;
- A completed postgraduate application form;
- Certified/sealed academic transcripts of all previous university courses taken including percentage scores where necessary;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates;
- An abstract of a master’s research or dissertation
- A concept note relating to the proposed research topic which should not be more than 5 pages long. The concept note must include the following:
- Problem statement
- Research objective
- Preliminary literature review
7. Sample of academic writing i.e. publications, conference reports, etc which adhere to the broad conventions of academic publishing (i.e. must contain an up-to-date review of relevant literature, a description of relevant research methods and an evaluation of results, etc.) and which identify the applicant as a significant contributor (maximum of 30 pages) (for PhD applicants only);
8. Two (2) reference letters (1 from an academic referee and 1 from a professional referee;
9. A detailed latest CV.
Please note that PhD applicants may apply for placement at any time of the year for the April and September academic calendar.
You can email your application along with accompanying documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can send your physical application to the following address:
The Acting University Registrar
Office of the Dean of Postgraduate Studies
Closing Date for receiving applications is Monday, 23rd December, 2021.
Application Forms can be downloaded below.
Or Contact the Postgraduate Office as follows: Tel + (265) 1 870 648/0999 968 971 OR Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org