Face Shield Production Assistant (34)
Location: Malawi University of Business and Applied Sciences (MUBAS), Blantyre
Duration: 3 months
Application Deadline: 9th January, 2022
MUBAS through its Design Studio seeks passionate youths to fill the post of Face Shield Production Assistant for the UNDP Malawi-funded activity, a project launched to support local production of personal protective equipment (PPE) and other COVID-fighting supplies. The Project aims at building local capacity to combat the current pandemic and prepare for the eventuality of future pandemics.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Undertake face shields manufacturing and assembly activities;
- Package manufactured face shields as needed;
- Operate, maintain and clean manufacturing equipment in accordance with guidelines;
- Perform routine monitoring/cleaning required in the production environments;
- Conduct in-process inspections to assure products meet quality specifications;
- Clean and sterilize glassware and production materials as needed;
- Correctly identify all abnormal components and notify the Supervisor; and
- Operate and maintain automated production equipment.
- Diploma or first degree
- Previous experience operating automated equipment and handcraft tools and/or assembly experience is preferred.
- Basic computer skills required (Word, Excel).
- Basic math skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Ability to read, understand and follow all guidelines.
- Self-starter, detail oriented, organized, prioritize and balance workloads and timelines and be able to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communications skills along with the ability to interact with Manufacturing and Quality.
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team setting with peers and colleagues in a cross-functional setting.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates should fill in the online application form accessed at the following link
Note: As part of completing the online application form, candidates are required to draft a covering letter addressed to the contact given below, and upload it back onto the online form;
Malawi University of Business and Applied Sciences
Private Bag 303
Attention: Design Studio Manager